Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gray Quilt

We had a fantastic weekend! We ate grill food (steak, veggie burgers, pineapple, peaches, and homemade pizza--we believe in grilling All The Things), had a date lunch, read, napped, and watched baseball. Andrew worked on entering his comic collection into a database, and I started the gray quilt!


I had intended this to be for the guest (read: yarn) room. Then I decided I loved the fabric so much I wanted to make it into another quilt for our bed.* I'll probably get around to making a quilt for the guest room someday, maybe.


The inspiration for this quilt is this photo, which I found on Pinterest. I printed it out, drew all over one of the blocks to figure out how many pieces I'd need for each block, and did math.


Where's the petition to sign requesting all weekends to be three days?

*It is a sad truth that there are a few spots in the other quilt where squares of the same pattern are too close together. It's a sadder fact that I am OCD enough that I haven't been able to get over it. They stand out like they're neon. I'm working on it. 

2 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be smashing. Can you put your other quilt in the guest room eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie! I am making a gray quilt right now, too--such a coincidence! This is a beautiful pattern you've linked to--mine will be quite different, but still. I love anything gray!

    ReplyDelete