Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Flowers on a Walk

The weather around here has been glorious, so I took Dexter on a walk after work. There's a pond that's surrounded by a walking path (and office buildings) that has lots of wildflowers. I don't know what most of them are, but they're lovely.

















This last flower, identity unknown--maybe a lupine?, was growing with some of its comrades in one section of the pond edge. There was a stalk that was growing right on the edge of the asphalt. I decided that it really was intruding onto the path and pulled it up. Then I carried it home and planted it. We'll see if it takes off or not.

I spent awhile trying to decide if it was wrong to take a stalk like this. I decided it wasn't. It was spreading. It was in the path. There were lots more. However, I did feel strange walking home carrying a 3' stalk. What do you think: Was that immoral?


1 comment:

  1. Not immoral at all. Says the girl who's mom shows off her plants like, "and that's the one from the cuttings I took at Busch Gardens, and that's the one I took seed pods from at Disney, and..." ;-)

    Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete