Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fire Opal Finished!

I finished the Fire Opal Tee! After all my concern that it wasn't going to fit, it does!

Fire Opal Tee (mine ravelled here), 
knit in Cascade Yarns Venezia Sport in colorway 120 Paint It Black


The sweater is written to be sleeveless, but I knew I'd wear it a lot more with sleeves. I went with 3/4 sleeves. I can pretend this was a carefully thought out design decision, but honestly it was because shaping within the sleeve was going to be more of a pain than I wanted to mess with. Sleeves this length don't have to have the shaping, but they would need it if they were wrist length (in my opinion). My ravelry project page has all the details of how I knit the sleeves.


I also lengthened the whole sweater. I know shorter sweaters are more popular now, but you cannot convince me that anyone needs to see that much of my bum.

I can't believe I'm able to wear this in July, but we're in the midst of weirdly cool weather. It's supposed to be in the high-70s here today! I love it.

3 comments: