Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Conferva villosa socks

The first knitalong from Hunter Hammersen's The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet, Vol. III is for the Conferva villosa socks and/or hat. Unsurprisingly, I decided to knit the socks.

Conferva villosa socks* (mine ravelled here),
knit in Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere Sock, Deep Sea colorway

Let me tell you about this yarn: YUM. I believe I have at least one more skein of a different color in the stash. I love this yarn so much I almost don't want to knit with any from the stash because then it will be gone.


You can see the vertical lines running down the center of the ovals on the sock. These were made by doing yarnovers, then dropping them on the next round and doing another yarnover on top of the one that was just dropped. It's a small detail that makes a big difference. I like this pattern a lot. 


The next pattern in the knitalong is Fucus asparagoides. I like both the socks and the shawl in that pattern. Maybe I'll do both!

*For my size (women's medium), there is errata for the heel here. It's a small change.

No comments:

Post a Comment